My First Real Shell


Ok, Today I took out my first real shell. IT turned out pretty good, it’s all glued together no ripples or anything. BUT I tried to make a 5.5″ shel;, the laminated plys moved in the mould, making it all strange, If I do decide to use it properly I will have to cut it down, probably to about a 4″ shell. Also the Seams are nowhere near perfect.

The issues I can work on fixing, but this is a very good step in the right direction. I know for the seams I just have to measure more carefully and try to get it to fit perfect before I glue it all up. The moving of the plys is something I have to look into to see how I can overcome that.

Here are some pics.  It is a 14″x 5.5″ (kinda) 10PLY american Walnut snare shell.

Advertisements
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: